BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR BREAK...
- Clean fridges of food that may spoil over break. Throw out any open food that may attract mice or bugs.
- Wash any dirty dishes, pots, etc.
- Make sure all faucets, ovens, stoves, and appliances are turned off
- Empty all trash cans. Take bagged trash and recycling to the designated area in your building
- Clean suite kitchens & bathrooms
- Unplug, defrost, and leave the door open to mini fridges only (please leave kitchen refrigerators plugged in and closed)
- Unplug all appliances (alarm clocks, lamps, computers, etc.) to save electricity. These items can use a lot of energy if left plugged in, even when turned off!
- Take any valuables or necessities with you (computer, jewelry, passport, medications). You will *not* be able to retrieve items during the break.
- Turn off lights and lock all doors & windows, and lower blinds to conserve heat
- The residence halls are closed from 9am on Friday, Dec 23, 2016, through 9am on Wednesday, Jan 11, 2017
- Students may NOT enter during this period, unless they are approved for Winter Break Housing or Early Winter Return (so please make sure you take important items with you that you will need over the break!)
- During this time, College staff will check rooms to address maintenance issues / requests. Any prohibited items will be confiscated. Any fire safety equipment or windows stoppers that have been tampered with will result in fines & disciplinary action.
- Please make sure that you cancelled your housing for the Spring!
- You must finish moving out before 9am on Friday, December 23, 2016. Extensions are *not* available (because the res halls are closing for Winter Break).
- Complete a check-out envelope at your residence hall Front Desk to return your keys (and avoid fines)
We hope you have a happy & safe winter break! Good luck on your exams!