BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR BREAK...
- Clean fridges of food that may spoil over break. Throw out any open food that may attract mice or bugs.
- Wash any dirty dishes, pots, etc.
- Make sure all faucets, ovens, stoves, and appliances are turned off
- Empty all trash cans. Take bagged trash and recycling to the designated area in your building
- Clean suite kitchens & bathrooms
- Unplug, defrost, and leave the door open to mini fridges only (please leave kitchen refrigerators plugged in and closed)
- Unplug all appliances (alarm clocks, lamps, computers, etc.) to save electricity. These items can use a lot of energy if left plugged in, even when turned off!
- Take any valuables or necessities with you (computer, jewelry, passport, medications)
- Turn off lights and lock all doors & windows, and lower blinds to conserve heat
ALL RESIDENCE HALLS ARE CLOSED FOR WINTER BREAK
- The residence halls are closed from 9am on Friday, Dec 19, 2014, through 9am on Saturday, Jan 17, 2015
- No one may enter during this period, unless they applied and were approved for Winter Break Housing
- During this time, College staff will check rooms to address maintenance issues & requests
IF YOU ARE NOT RETURNING TO CAMPUS HOUSING FOR THE SPRING...
- Students must check out within 24 hours of their final scheduled exam *OR* 9am on Friday, December 19, 2014 -- whichever is earlier!
- Extensions past the 9am Friday, December 19, 2014, check out deadline are unfortunately not available
- Please complete a check-out envelope at your residence hall Front Desk to return your keys (and avoid fines)
We hope you have a happy & safe winter break! Good luck on your exams!