- The deadline for moving out of your current room is 8pm on Friday, December 19 (reminder: students withdrawing from housing are not eligible to participate in Winter Break housing).
- To check out of your room, you will need to complete & turn in a Checkout envelope (available at your Residence Hall's front desk), including your key(s). Failure to do so will result in an improper checkout fee of $100 and key replacement charges (approx $30).
- Please clean your room and return it to its original condition. If you are concerned you may be charged for damages based on your Room Condition Report, please arrange a room inspection with your RA.
- You must remove all of your belongings when you check out. You may not leave belongings behind in your old room (or common space of a suite); otherwise, they will be removed at your cost. Please note that Residential Life & Housing does not have any storage space available on campus. Many students have used the nearby Manhattan Mini Storage on 107th St.
- Another student may be assigned to your current room through the Spring Room Change process. If so, you will be provided with her name & email address to coordinate her moving her belongings in the room before leaving for Winter Break.
- You may not hand off your room/suite/etc. key to anyone who may be assigned to your room for the spring, to a current roommate/suitemate, etc. (THIS WILL RESULT IN A FINE). The key(s) must be returned in your Checkout envelope.
We wish you luck with your final exams and hope you have a peaceful Holiday season.
-- Barnard Residential Life & Housing