Give and Go Green is our initiative to reduce this waste by instead putting it to good use! Every year we throw out perfectly useful clothes, appliances, books, toiletries, and more because we simply can't keep them over the summer. Instead of giving all of that to the landfill, give it to someone in need! Barnard donates your stuff to a couple of great organizations that you can read about below!
WHEN: Collections will begin on Thursday, May 7th - the end of reading week. Collection sites will be set up in each location with signs to direct you where to put things.
*** THE LAST DAY TO DONATE ITEMS IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 20TH!!!
(And the deadline in the Quad is 5pm on Friday, May 15!!!)
WHAT CAN BE DONATED:
- Bagged clothes & bedding in good condition
- Shoes in wearable condition
- WORKING appliances, such as fans and lamps
- Unopened, non-perishable foodstuffs
- Cleaning supplies (these may be open)
- Office supplies, books, pens, etc.
- Furniture, decorations, storage containers
- WORKING Mini-fridges
- Anything broken or unusable for others
- Your recycling... your old chemistry notes go in the paper bin in your suite!!
WHERE TO TAKE YOUR DONATIONS:
Items in good condition can be donated at a few collection sites around campus through (through Wed, May 20 only, except the Quad):
- Elliot: 3rd Floor TV Lounge
- 600's: 616 Lounge
- Plimpton: TV Lounge
- Cathedral Gardens: 10th floor Lounge
- 110th Street: 12L3
- Quad: Sulzburger Lobby
(through 5pm on Fri, May 15 only! After this date, take items to the other locations above)
WHERE IT ALL GOES:
- Project Grad Bag: http://www.gradbag.org/our-story/
- Rock and Wrap it Up: http://rockandwrapitup.org/
- Goodwill: http://www.goodwillnynj.org/
If you have any questions about GGG, please email the Barnard EcoReps at email@example.com