- May 8-16 (& through 9am, May 22 for graduating seniors)
- Please do *NOT* donate any items after 9am on May 22! We have groups coming to do pick-ups so please be courteous of the system! :]
For those of you who may not be familiar with this event, GIVE-N-GO GREEN provides Barnard students with an opportunity to donate items that you don't need any more, don't have room to pack, or you would rather not be wasteful and donate to an organization/person who can use it! Barnard donates your stuff to a couple of great organizations including Rock and Wrap it Up, Goodwill, and Project Grad bag!
As EcoReps, we coordinate GIVE-N-GO GREEN and work in collaboration with Facilities and Residential Life to provide you multiple drop-off locations throughout campus.
Starting today, we will be collecting clothes, appliances, non-perishable food, electronics, partially used toiletries, and other items of the same sort. All items must be clean, washed, and in good condition as we are donating these to other people.
There will be collection stations in the following locations:
- Sulzberger Lobby
(only through 5pm on Fri, May 16 only -- items may not be left after that date/time)
- Elliot Lounge (3rd floor lounge)
- 616 Lounge
- Plimpton TV Lounge
- Cathedral Gardens 10th Floor Lounge
- 110th Street (area off lobby)
What you can donate:
- clean, washed clothing, sheets, and towels
- canned, unopened, non-perishable food stuffs
- working appliances and housewares
- usable furniture
- full or half-used cleaning supplies, toiletries or hygiene products
- plastic bags
What not to donate (should go in the trash or recycling)
- anything broken, dirty, ripped, or unusable for other people
- your old chemistry notes, trash and recycling, etc.
Remember that these things are going to people who need them. THIS IS NOT TRASH!
Past GIVE-N-GO GREENS have generated:
- 3 full 17ft moving trucks of items donated to the Salvation Army
- 1 pickup truck full of food donated to the church soup kitchen on 114th & Broadway
- 15,000 plastic bags to be recycled via Fairway grocery store
If you have any questions about GIVE-N-GO GREEN or want to get involved, email us!!