Room Selection (i.e. the Housing Lottery) takes place in the Spring semester. We encourage you to pay close attention to your email inbox this semester so that you do not miss any important emails about guaranteeing your housing for next year.
Please read below for important upcoming dates / deadlines:
- New to Room Selection? Plan to come to an Information Session on March 28, 29, April 2, or 10, 2013. For more information and a list of all the dates related to Room Selection, please visit http://barnard.edu/reslife/roomselection/calendar/.
- The order in which students choose rooms & suites at Room Selection is determined by lottery number (generated randomly by class year). Students will be considered rising-Seniors, -Juniors, or -Sophomores based on their anticipated year of graduation (i.e. in 2014, 2015, or 2016).
To see which class year you will be considered part of for Room Selection, please visit http://barnardreslife.org/roomselection/. If you need to update your anticipated graduation date, please contact the Registrar’s Office (107 Milbank or email@example.com) no later than 4pm on Friday, March 1, 2013.
- Registration for Room Selection will take place online between 1pm on Wednesday, March 6 through 1pm on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 (http://barnardreslife.org/roomselection/register/).
All students who wish to live in campus housing next year will be required to register online (including those who secure a room through a disability accommodation, being an RA or RA pull-in, Columbia Greek or Special Interest Housing, etc).
- Students with diagnosed disabilities who may need a disability-related housing accommodation (accessible housing, visual strobe fire alarm, etc.) must submit a Disability Housing Request (DHR) no later than 4pm on Friday, February 8, 2013.
Please note that students must resubmit a NEW DHR each year (even if they have previously received disability accommodations in the past). For more information, please contact Disability Services (http://barnard.edu/disabilityservices).
- Res Life is exited to announce the creation of a new theme unit for next year, the Social Justice House (advised by Associate Director Frank Cirioni). Application information will be available in late February.
- Wondering where you want to live next year? Check out the online Room Reviews at http://barnardreslife.org/roomselection/roomreviews/. Submit a new review of your own room by April 12 and be entered in a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card!
- Tours of the residence halls will be available on Sunday, March 10, 2013. For the schedule & locations, please visit http://barnard.edu/reslife/roomselection/calendar/#Tours.