BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR BREAK...
- Clean fridges of food that may spoil over break. Throw out any open food that may attract mice or bugs. Wash any dirty dishes, pots, etc.
- Make sure all faucets, ovens, stoves, and appliances are turned off
- Empty all trash cans. Take bagged trash and recycling to the designated area in your building
- Unplug, defrost, and leave the door open to mini fridges only (please leave kitchen refrigerators plugged in and closed)
- Unplug all appliances (alarm clocks, lamps, computers, etc.) to save electricity. These items can use a lot of energy if left plugged in, even when turned off!
- Take any valuables or necessities with you (computer, jewelry, passport, medications)
- Turn off lights and lock all doors & windows, and lower blinds to conserve heat
ALL RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSE FOR WINTER BREAK
- Residence halls are closed from 9am on Friday, Dec 21, 2012, through 9am on Saturday, Jan 19, 2013
- No one may enter during this period, unless they applied and were approved for Winter Break Housing (see below)
- During this time, College staff will check rooms to address maintenance issues / requests
APPLY FOR WINTER BREAK HOUSING (OR AN EXTENSION)
- Fill out the form at barnard.edu/reslife/winterbreak before 4pm on Friday, Dec 7, 2012
- There is a $400 fee to stay in the residence halls over Winter Break housing (unless you’re approved for a waiver of the fee). For more info, see URL above
- Only 1 guest allowed at a time during Winter Break. No minors (< 17 yrs.) are allowed.
IF YOU ARE MOVING OUT...
- If you’re leaving housing for the Spring, you must move out before 9am on Friday, Dec 21, 2012. Complete a check-out envelope at your residence hall Front Desk to return your keys (and avoid fines)
We hope you have a happy & safe winter break! Good luck on your exams!