Students may not return to or live in the residence halls over Winter Break UNLESS they have received permission from Residential Life & Housing and have a valid 2010/11 Winter Break sticker on their ID. Only students living in the residence halls for BOTH the Fall & Spring semesters may request Winter Break Housing.
The Winter Break Housing Request form will be available online (http://barnard.edu/reslife/winterbreak/) starting Monday, November 22, and must be submitted no later than 4pm on Friday, December 10.
Students approved to stay over Winter Break will be billed $100 on their student account, regardless of length of stay.
Certain groups of students may be eligible for a waiver of the fee (see below). Please note that some of these groups (marked with an * below) have specific sponsored move-in dates; students in these groups who wish to return to campus earlier than the approved date or stay for the entire break would be subject to the $100 fee.
- International students (as confirmed by Registrar)
- Winter athletes in competition (as approved by coach)
- Seniors who must be on campus to access resources for working on their thesis (must be approved by Senior Class Dean)
- Students with financial concerns (as approved by Financial Aid)
- BCIT Student Staff Training *
- Emerging Leaders Program *
- CMUNCE (Columbia Model United Nations Conference and Exposition) *
- Visiting International Student Ambassadors *
- January NSOP Staff *
Please note that most college offices (including Dining Services, the Library, Primary Care Health Services, Counseling, Mail Services, etc) will be closed for part or all of Winter Break.
For more information, visit http://barnard.edu/reslife/winterbreak/.