We encourage you to read this information in its entirety (as the process has CHANGED for this year). You must register for and participate in Room Selection if you wish to have a guarantee of housing for the 2009-2010 academic year.
If you have questions after reading the website, we encourage you to drop by an Information Session or Table (see below), attend the Residence Hall Open House Tours (March 1, see below), check out the Facebook Message Board, or stop by the Residential Life & Housing office (110 Sulzberger).
- Monday, February 16 (5-6pm) -- Reid Hall 118 (Weber Lounge; enter through Brooks Hall)
- Thursday, February 19 (7-8pm) -- Barnard Hall 409
(Targeted toward first-time participants, i.e. rising-Sophomores & transfer students)
- Tuesday, February 24 (5:30-6:30pm) -- Barnard Hall 409
- Friday, February 27 (3-4pm) -- Barnard Hall 409
(Targeted towards rising-Seniors)
- Monday, March 2 (5-6pm) -- Altschul 805
- Monday, February 16 (11:45-1:45pm) -- Hewitt Cafeteria
- Tuesday, February 17 (11:45-1:45pm) -- Java City
- Wednesday, February 18 (11:45-1:45pm) -- Hewitt Cafeteria
- Thursday, February 19 (11:45-1:45pm) -- Java City
- Monday, February 23 (11:45-1:45pm) -- Java City
- Tuesday, February 24 (11:45-1:45pm) -- Hewitt Cafeteria
- Thursday, February 26 (11:45-1:45pm) -- Hewitt Cafeteria
RESIDENCE HALL OPEN HOUSE TOURS: (Sunday, March 1)
- 12-1pm -- Cathedral Gardens
- 1-2pm -- 601 West 110th Street
- 2-3pm -- Plimpton Hall
- 3-4pm -- 600, 616 & 620 West 116th Street
- 4-5pm -- Elliott Hall
- 5-6pm -- Hewitt & Sulzberger Tower
REGISTRATION FOR ROOM SELECTION (online)
Wednesday, March 4, 12noon -- Tuesday, March 10, 12noon
UPDATING YOUR GRADUATION YEAR
Lottery numbers for Room Selection (which determine the order in which students pick their rooms) are generated based on the recorded date of graduation for each student. Students will be considered rising-Seniors, Juniors, or Sophomores based on their year of graduation (in 2010, 2011, or 2012). If you need to update your graduation date, please do so at the Registrar's Office (107 Milbank) no later than 4pm on Wednesday, February 11.
DISABILITY-RELATED HOUSING ACCOMMODATIONS
If you have a diagnosed disability and believe you will need a housing accommodation for the 2009-2010 academic year, you must submit a Disability-Related Housing Request form to the Office of Disability Services (ODS). The request form (and all medical documentation) must be submitted no later than 4pm on Friday, February 13. More information is available at http://barnard.edu/reslife/disability/continuing.html.