Please know that the Facilities staff are already preparing our campus for this nasty weather, and there are a few things you can do to minimize the impact on you, and save you from having to be outside in the rain:
- If you are in need of any medication, please call-in your refills for pick-up tomorrow morning.
- If you or your suitemates are in need of any specific food, make a trip to your grocery store of choice before tomorrow afternoon.
- Close your windows during periods of rain and heavy winds. If it is too warm in your room, crack your window open rather than opening it all the way to avoid getting your personal items and the inside of your room soaked. If possible, have suitemates open their windows just a crack as well to allow a cross breeze in your rooms.
- If winds become heavy, please do not sit next to your window.
- Make sure that you have NO items in your window or on the window sill that can fall outside or inside and cause damage or injury.
- If you are using your computer during bad weather, make sure you are saving your work frequently - just in case we lose power for any period of time.
- If you are traveling, please give yourself plenty of extra time to reach your destination - subway and bus schedules may run behind during times of heave rain.
Residential Life, Public Safety and Facilities will all have staff on campus and able to respond to any issues that may arise. Have a good weekend and stay safe and dry!